Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Purple, purple.. I need purple"

That was Madison's exact quote when asked "what color would you like your big girl room?". Since then she has thrown in "I love purple" and "I need my purple paint", so I think it is safe to say she is excited for her PURPLE ROOM!!!

I don't have a picture of Madison's room yet BUT it is a similar layout to our master bedroom with 2 windows, it is a little smaller and it only has 1 closet!
I will post a picture on Monday after our walk through!

- Madison's Room (0% complete)-
  • Sand and refinish floor in closet
  • Close off old pipes that are in the closet from the washer and dryer
  • Paint room Lavender Haze (the color Madison picked!)
  • Put in big girl bed and get Madison used to her big girl bed
  • Fix the track in one of her dresser drawers
  • Make black out curtains for her windows
  • Finish closet with an Ikea shelf and a few other fun things
When we got Madison's crib and dresser we got the convertible one.. so she could grow with it. It would go from a crib, to a toddler bed (current use) and then to a day bed and then finally a full/twin. We never planned on getting a new furniture set for Madison and we had said if we have another we will get another similar set, but then we got an offer we couldn't refuse.. a gorgeous pre-loved bed, night stand and dresser from a family friend and its white :). Perfect for a big girl room! 

I knew for awhile I wanted to do her room in purple and blue, I wanted to stay away from all pink as I feel forcing pink onto a little girl sometimes will back fire! I actually gave Madison 3 purple paint chips to pick from and she kept picking the lavender haze color (click link in the list), I was so happy she liked the purple!  Her new bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids.. I got it on sale before Christmas. I originally had a different set picked out but was worried it would be like purple threw up all over her room so I went with the Kristin Bedding so it has the blue that I wanted!

I can't wait to see how it all comes together!!

We have been telling Madison what is happening when we move that she will get a big girl bed and the baby will get the crib! Madison has been reminding us more and more that it will be the baby's bed soon at the new house! 

I am so glad she is already welling to share her things with her little brother or sister!

1 comment:

  1. When we first moved in to our house I had a purple and red room. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete