Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Those Swedes sure know how to decorate

This weekend we made a trip to Chris's favorite place... IKEA!!!!!
Please read that having the most sarcastic voice in mind. Every time we have been to Ikea we either forgot something or a piece was missing. It is safe to say when I mention the word "Ikea" or if Chris sees me looking at the website he starts his anti-ikea rant.

I on the other hand.. LOVE IT!!!
Ikea is my happy place.. I wish I could do my whole house in strictly Ikea, but for now I am happy to settle for a few pieces in every room!

We headed there this weekend with a specific list of things:
2. A side table in a fresh color to put beside fire place to keep Madison's Doc McStuffin's house on
5.Shelves for all of Chris' collectable CODE 3 fire trucks

As well as a desk, but we did not purchase that this weekend because the spot where the desk will go is still under construction, still fixing our leaky tub problem! We also didn't know which desk we would go with. While at the store I picked out the desk of my dreams..
This desk has everything I want, a spot for our printer, places to put a few pictures, shelves to put pens and all other "office" supplies on and this nifty little magnetic fold open file holder! To be able to put little notes on there about when bills are due, or upcoming things will be so helpful! Also the file holder is a great place to put the bills that need to be paid!
Hopefully this piece of furniture will be making its way to my basement in the next few weeks!

All the other items we bought were the exact items that I found online and knew I wanted!!
The Sofa Table is located on the wall behind the couch, opposite side of the living room from the fireplace.
I got it in white with the intention of eventually painting it a nice fun pop or color, but the more I look at it the more I love it in white! It is fun, clean and we don't have any white furniture in the house, other then Madison's room!
We are going to get 2 more bins for underneath (which will hide blankets, toys and some out door items since it is near front door).

Notice the awesome starburst mirror?? Well I bought that about 2 years ago at Home Goods, after spending a few months looking for one. I was so excited and had fully intended on hanging above our bed in our old house but it never made it's way up there. 
So yesterday when Chris FINALLY hung it up.. I was so happy that we finally found the perfect home for it!

Check back later this week to see the other fun Ikea products and how we are using them!

No comments:

Post a Comment